Help support WHRO with your next purchase on Amazon.com
Math - Third Grade 3.18
Angles in Art
Students will explore the connection of math and art and engage their visual skills. This tour will incorporate appropriate mathematical language and tools. (Grades 3 – 5)
- Location: Chrysler Museum
- SOLs Covered: Math: 3.18, 3.19, 3.20, 4.15, 4.16, 4.17, 5.13, 5.14, 5.15
- Time Required:
- Dates: Please call (757) 333-6269 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information and reservations.
- Costs: $2.00 per student
Take a journey to Ancient Egypt, Rome, and Greece to see structures of the past and then journey to the International Space Station (ISS) to study structures of the present. Learn what it takes to build bridges, trusses, and pyramids. Explore basic building techniques from cave men to the Roman Empire and find out how important mathematics is in construction. (Grades 3-5)
- Location: Virginia Air and Space Museum
- SOLs Covered: Science: 3.3 Mathematics SOL: 3.18, 4.17 Social Studies: 3.1, 3.4
- Time Required: 30 minutes. Pair this demonstration with the IMAX film Mysteries of Egypt. Available as an outreach program to your school.
Cultural Portal Categories