Help support WHRO with your next purchase on Amazon.com
Math - Third Grade 3.17
The Garden Ecosystem (Grades 3-4) http://www.virginiagarden.org/school.htm#school
Students will investigate and understand how plants and animals in an ecosystem interact with one another and the non-living environment. Students will explore habitats and niches, discover behavioral and structural adaptations and understand the flow of energy through the food web.
- Location: Norfolk Botanical Gardens
- SOLs Covered: Math: 3.17, 5.11, Science: 3.5, 4.5, K.2, 1.2, 2.2, 3.1, 4.1
- Time Required:
Discover the mad scientist within! Use the scientific method to perform real experiments in our mad scientist laboratory. Form a hypothesis and then test your idea by creating and running your own experiment. Collect data through observations and use scientific reasoning to draw a conclusion. Explore the wild, and sometimes wacky, world of science. (Grades 3-5)
- Location: Virginia Air and Space Museum
- SOLs Covered: Science: 3.1, 3.3, 4.1, 5.1, 5.4 Mathematics: 3.5, 3.14, 3.17, 3.23, 4.2, 4.11, 4.12, 4.13, 4.19, 5.8, 5.11
- Time Required: 1 hour. Available as an outreach program to your school.
Cultural Portal Categories